Thursday, June 17, 2010

Getting Out of God's Way

Peter tells the council in Jerusalem, "Who was I to stand in God's way?" (Acts 11:17). I wonder how many times that I have stood in God's way? I'm certain it's too many to count. Some of those obstructions come easily to mind and I am shamed by my motivations. The reasons? Pride, arrogance (wanted God's will my way), lack of faith, subtle prejudices, tradition (that's the way we've always done it!), selfishness...ok, the list is long and ugly.

But what I'm wondering is how many times I have gotten in God's way and didn't even know it. Because I was just being careless, because I was impatient over some minor inconvenience, or because I felt hurt or slighted in some way. Scary when I begin to think about it in this context.

The question is: how can I keep this from happening again? Like Peter, I must listen to the Holy Spirit, trust God's direction and plan, be obedient to His instruction (no matter what other people might say), and be willing to be used in whatever way He sees fit. I know, easier said than done. But when we do...God can accomplish some amazing things in, and through, us!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]