Saturday, August 21, 2010

Trials & Tribulations

"I cannot eat for sighing;
my groans pour out like water.

What I always feared has happened to me.
What I dreaded has come true.

I have no peace, no quietness.
I have no rest; only trouble comes.” 

(Job 3:24-26)

Do Job's words capture how you feel?  If you are going through a time of trial, tribulation or trouble, you may relate to Job's lament. 

Some may try to trivialize your circumstances with trite truisms and offer advice that amounts to easy fixes.  Others may respond like Job's three friends (notice their initial response - they tore their robes in grief and sat with Job, silent for seven days).  But the pain you feel is real.  It hurts.  And it feels like nothing will ever be the same. 

Hold on. Don't give in to despair.  God has not abandoned the work of His hands.  And YOU are the work of His hands!  Trust. Wait. Listen. Go ahead and grieve.  Just don't lose sight of WHO is ultimately in control of your circumstances.  Don't forget WHO holds your life in His hands.  Don't give up on God's work. Because He has certainly not given up on you.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]